Tuesday 3 August 2021

Who are the heretics?

There  is much talk about false teachers in the church, and indeed there are false teachers in the Church.


But I submit that the direction of this talk about false teachers, being always directed to the other fellow, is simply wrong

If we are carnal of fruit we will be carnal of mind, so if we are honest we will all be false teachers if we dare to teach.


The only way carnal minded people like us ever preach truth is dishonestly, as hypocrites who have committed ourselves to  sound  doctrine and think that is the same as believing it.


Be  assured it is not. Commitment to truth  as dead letter proposition is  the hallmark of the Pharisees


What we really believe is what comes out in our careless words and spontaneous actions


When we pay attention to that biblical  fact - if you know the Bible you know this is so - we don't look so good any more.


IOW I am still a heretic for I am carnal. And being carnal I regard the things of God as absurd. And this the Holy Spirit is convicting me of as sin that I may repent and so be transformed by the renewal of my mind


If you  honestly believe sound doctrine you will radiate the fruit of the spirit for you will have been transformed by the genuine renewing of your mind, and that from glory to glory. thus i continue to seek Him that he continue to lead me to repentance of sin, including those sins of thought for as a man thinks in his heart so he is


That is why Jesus' saying you know them by their fruit - is so important




No comments:

Post a Comment

You can disagree with me, even spiritedly. But keep it civil as I am the one hurt by cruelty. I must protect myself from nastiness and will block or ban users if I must. And it would help if you offered reasons for your disagreements. If they are good I may respect you. If they are sound I may even change my mind