Monday 2 August 2021

Thoughts

 

These shall be brief as i lack the inclination to write a long post.

just a thought, maybe tehfirst of some, at least.

It is said that for evil to triumph all that is needed is for good men to do nothing.

My first answer is a retort:  if I ever meet a good person (and i hvae been looking for over 40 years now) then I will rebuke him sternly, kick his backside and tell him to get busy  and fight that evil that will otherwise triumph

For the plain biblical fact is that there are none righteous. No person is good, as when Jesus said "why do you call me good there is none good but God." Matthew 19:17 but also repeated in Mark and Luke

It might be rejoined that this does not apply to spiritual people, those trransformed by the Holy Spirit in one on one relationship.

But the fact is I have met none of those either in my now 43 years a christian.

And even if i did I am not convinced he would be involved in politics, for His Kingdom is not of this world, for if it were of this world His people (us) would be fighting for it [by worldly means]

Equally plain is that evil most assuredly will triumph, that is until the very end, after the christians have been massacred, at the Second Coming when he wil destroy the wicked.

Then, and not before, and by His own hand not the agency of men


No comments:

Post a Comment

You can disagree with me, even spiritedly. But keep it civil as I am the one hurt by cruelty. I must protect myself from nastiness and will block or ban users if I must. And it would help if you offered reasons for your disagreements. If they are good I may respect you. If they are sound I may even change my mind