Sunday 14 June 2020

On therapy, conversion or otherwise, briefly

What is the solution to "feelings" one does not like? to admit them to be sin before a holy but loving God and then be led to repent of them. but this requires what most do not have, a real personal relationship with God. I am against therapy and conversion is a work of the Holy Spirit if it is worth anything. So i reject "conversion therapy" outright.

Conversion therapy in this instance is the notion that a homosexual can be led by another person to "convert" to Jesus Christ whereby their homosexual inclination ceases to exist.

When the gay communities complains that the person subjected to such is being forced to ilive a lie and repress their own nature I can only agree with them.

For the Holy Spirit is not a domestic pet who can be ordered to perform when we ask for it. There are sins in my life that have stubbornly resisted all efforts of mine to move them. The effort has only stirred them up and inflamed them, as St Paul said in the 7th chapter ofhis letter to the Romans.

As an aside I believeI can account for this difficulty but i regard it as beyond thescopre of this post
To continue, then. We repent led by the grace of God - ie his direct and merciful personal intervention - under the New Covenant or we perish

and He acts in His own sovereign timing. This cannot be jollied along by some therapist, even by my own will power. Indeed such blundering interferance by the will of the flesh will delay the Lord's work and complicate the matter of sin in our lives, regardless of what sin it is, enormously I say we for it it does not matter what the ungodly feeling is. for me it is despair and hetero lust. no one has the right to probe as deeply into a person's soul as all therapists presume to do because no one has the ability to do sot without wreaking utter havoc. No one that is but the Holy Spirit ALL therapists usurp the prerogative of God Himself for only God can heal the soul, for sin and sin alone is the affliction that troubles the soul this is my testimony. i repented of the sins that comprise what they called "schizophrenia" and have had no dealings with psychiatrists or other therapists for over 30 years. you do the math.

Other sins I still await the mercy of God to have me repent of in the manner whereby the repentance means \nything at all and the sin is gone.

For this is newness of life. Not total perfection, of course, for he who claims it is a liar as scripture says,
but a progressionh from glory to glory as theApostle put it

I do not reject "Conversion therapyfor the chief reason the gay community say so, namely that such is not a sin. Homosexuality is a sin andi cwill change thisfor no man.

But it is presumkptuous as it usurps the prerogative of the HolySpirit and will likely destroy the faith of the gay person subjected to this bullying as well as the bully who does it,.

and of r such bullying the Holy and Terrible will demand a high price.

Such a notion also misunderstands conversion. conversion, which Evangelicals have always idolized, itnot the end, buytthebarfest beginning. on conversoin we immediately become carnal christians.

None of us were so wise and humble as to repent all atonce of all our sins on conversion.

Such a work is the nature of sanctification which God leads us to as a process, and before those who claim that my invoking a process implies I i am invoking works salvatokini will say it is a process of His grace

His continuing Grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can disagree with me, even spiritedly. But keep it civil as I am the one hurt by cruelty. I must protect myself from nastiness and will block or ban users if I must. And it would help if you offered reasons for your disagreements. If they are good I may respect you. If they are sound I may even change my mind