Monday 28 July 2014

A word about Grace as I hold it

A word about my position.

If I continue posting here you will see me preaching grace. But this was not arrived at easily. I neither believe in nor have any respect for the so called hyper grace preachers. To invoke grace falsely is  still to deny it.

Thus I reject outright the  likes of  Joseph Prince  in the church; and the whole band of easy believists  who think that  grace means living as they please. It does not, but the only carnal alternative is legalism

For I am still an extreme legalist, a postition that is slowly killing me. I will add in all seriousness that if this continues it will  literally kill me as the stress, at my age, after continuing for more than thirty years, will eventually  lead to some kind of systemic collapse if by the personal intervention of God the Spirit, it is not brought to end and soon.

So I am not playing when it comes to this issue. I will either  come to live by grace or I will die.

Legalism is the very sin it fights., for Law is the power of  sin, stirring it up to make it worse. There is no salvation there, nor even repentance. it is also the very warp and woof of how man views righteousness. But
legalism is  the way that seems right unto men but which leads to death.

As regards the love of God, though the Spirit showed me this at my conversion nearly exactly 36 years ago, I now know that I ignored it. In my pride and fear  I preferred the Law. So, I preach no Linus blanket of love as it has been debased by too many preachers, by those holding the  opposite error to that the bullying done by hell fire fanatics who think that people need to be condemned for their own good, and who will only reap condemnation for themselves.

For God is Holy. This I have seen, Somehow

 I am no catholic, but the only christian thinker I know of who ever spoke of God the HOLY AND TERRIBLE is Ignatius Loyola.

And revelation of this, which somehow, by the Grace of God I saw - but don't ask me how-  back in 1983, is the informing core of my thought. But that I am stiull admittedly   a legalist  shows that it still has not penetrated, even after so many years.

Believe me, if I could repent myself into perfection I would, but my very longing for perfection is itself sin and as part of my righteousness must be repented of but only at the Lord's leading, which I must grudgingly wait for

So. I firmly believe in the Law, but for the wrong reasons, and I view God Almighty as HOLY AND TERRIBLE.

Thus is the vantage point from which I will write of grace.

For grace, when it finally sinks in to my proud and fearful heart, will have been learned the hard way.

This is my basis  for what follows: a struggle even longer, I regret to say,  than that of Paul the Apostle.

God have mercy on me and continue to as He has for so many years

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can disagree with me, even spiritedly. But keep it civil as I am the one hurt by cruelty. I must protect myself from nastiness and will block or ban users if I must. And it would help if you offered reasons for your disagreements. If they are good I may respect you. If they are sound I may even change my mind