Wednesday 17 May 2023

Truth or Honesty?


This is in reply to a poll post on youtube. the question we were to vote on was "salvation can NEVER be bought by our obedience. 

This is a christian channel


My reply follows:


 I could say the right words (after all I CAN read, you know), and the right words  are  indeed as the question puts, that  obedience can NEVER buy salvation.


OR 


I could speak honestly.


WHICH DO YOU WANT???


For it can't be both, for I am not spiritual enough to believe true doctrine honestly and show  it by living by it in love liberty and peace


BTW i am not the only legalist in the church who thinks he can and must buy salvation: i see it everywhere.


IOW i am largely convinced that if everyone here were honest they would  almost all disagree with the statement given.


Why?


If we are carnal in fruit we are carnal in mind and if carnal in mind then,  as the carnal mind regards the things of God as foolish, and free grace properly viewed  is the core of all spiritual truth, therefore  we WILL regard it as foolish. So  we are trying to buy our salvation with our "obedience, " and this for all our passion and words to the  contrary which God is not impressed by if he sees our hearts (ie what we REALLY think). And our hearts are  given away by  our spontaneous words and reactions

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can disagree with me, even spiritedly. But keep it civil as I am the one hurt by cruelty. I must protect myself from nastiness and will block or ban users if I must. And it would help if you offered reasons for your disagreements. If they are good I may respect you. If they are sound I may even change my mind