Wednesday 19 October 2022

Science, Politics, Religion: The Odd One Out??

I am considering the notion that there are three main phenomena when it comes to judging human affairs.
These are politics science and [human] religion. 

I consider Biblical  Christianity to be outside of this equation for I am speaking of the world, not the truth
So I might ask which two go together and which is the odd man out?
I venture that science is the odd man out, for in its pure form it is about skepticism debate and evidence whereas politics and man made - carnal - religion are about kowtowing to authority and obeying it without question.
Time and time again our govts are acting like cults - demanding compliance and not offering any evidence but only the oracular pronouncements of authorities
but they have forgotten that appeals to authority are logically fallacious even when the authority is a world renowned expert
in the true spirit of science they the expert should show their work and the submit it to debate. but this has not been done. Science without skepticism is cult religion
And when this submission of reasoned evidence to open debate is not done what we have is not science but scientism, a  view that regards science as yet another religion  and operates the same way
We are not a scientific society but a religious one and where our faith was once  counterfeit church Christianity now it is scientism.
Of course God always has his elect in there somewhere, but we the few are the few and it is only luck and indifference  from the authorities whereby we are not yet persecuted as believers. But that is clearly changing -
Politics and man made religion are acting true to form and science has forsaken its own basis to become as I said scientism, namely a religion . The rot is contributed to by post modernism  which rejects notions of truth outright leaving men with nothing but feelings which  matter more than facts
It really does not matter which issue is being trotted out to feed scientism and post modernist cultism. An observant reader can notice a few on his own.

If and when these fall into the dustbin of history some other madnesses of crowds will emerge

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can disagree with me, even spiritedly. But keep it civil as I am the one hurt by cruelty. I must protect myself from nastiness and will block or ban users if I must. And it would help if you offered reasons for your disagreements. If they are good I may respect you. If they are sound I may even change my mind