Friday 28 July 2017

The Tsar of Heaven

https://youtu.be/6dc0l9tkQPU

Can a mighty and stern Emperor be a devoted family man? Alexander III whose coronation this march celebrates was very fierce in repressing dissent. But he was indeed a devoted husband and father. What is this to me? Can the God of Heaven, Tsar and Autocrat, Terrible Judge of All, be love itself? His Imperium, his monarchic rule and his judgements are non negotiable for me. Is love compatible with this? Yes, and this is how I first saw this: Alexander III, called the Peacemaker ( in Russian  the name is Mirodvoryets) is a picture of this, in his own small way, and believing this, that One can be a stern monarch and a loving father, is a goal of mine.

Why do I call God Almighty Tsar of Heaven? The Tsars of Russia were absolute monarchs. autocrats. They owned all the land and everyone and everything  in it. They were answerable to none but God Hinself.

God is all these things but answerable to none as there is of course no God above Hin that he should account to this one.

Of course there are differences. God's rule, like that of  the Tsars, is personal but in the hands of a madman like Ivan Grozni - Ivan the Terrible - this is corruption and disaster. But the difference is not the constitution of his rule but his character.

Ferocious in His judgements yet His word offers free amnesty to all who seek Him personally and His motication for doing so is something I have never been able to believe in the nearly 40 years of being a christian, whihc motivation is named in John 3:16.

But He gives images to aid, and this image of Alexander III is part of His personalized aid to me

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can disagree with me, even spiritedly. But keep it civil as I am the one hurt by cruelty. I must protect myself from nastiness and will block or ban users if I must. And it would help if you offered reasons for your disagreements. If they are good I may respect you. If they are sound I may even change my mind