Wednesday 10 September 2014

Ideas and me

A few days ago when I was walking and talking with the Lord the Spirit, as I do, I found my self repenting of making ideas more important than people. That this is s a sin I am convinced. It also chimes in with the growing conviction of mine that ideas are not the driving force of history, something which, as an intellectual, I fell for.

My point in speaking thus is this: losing interest in ideas for their own sake I find myself  less motivated to be a teacher of the nations.

I have no idea how this will affect my posting here.

It may be a necessary adjustment as part of my perceived calling to be a teacher  or it may be proof that the sense of calling was presumption, which latter would suit me fine.

So I may continue posting, or cease entirely, or perhaps do even more after a period.

We shall see

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can disagree with me, even spiritedly. But keep it civil as I am the one hurt by cruelty. I must protect myself from nastiness and will block or ban users if I must. And it would help if you offered reasons for your disagreements. If they are good I may respect you. If they are sound I may even change my mind